Saturday, January 3, 2015

I'm Still Pregnant

I always feel like a girl will want to know way more about what my pregnancy was like with them than boys will and I have completely failed at documenting things about this pregnancy.  So here goes, pregnancy with baby #4 up to 30 weeks.
The first tri I was nauseated but never puked.  Smells were harder for me this pregnancy than any others.  Particularly when we were dog sitting and this dog had the most awful poop in.the.world.  It was beyond belief. I didn't gain much weight this trimester.  Like maybe 5 pounds.  I was pretty stoked because I have always gained 10 or so. I thought this was going to be a low gain pregnancy. I didn't really have a favorite food this trimester but I felt like I was eating what the kids were eating.  Bland was my friend.  We made salsa and I barely ate any because it had too much flavor. 
I was definitely disappointed that the hospital here does not have certified nurse midwives.  Also disappointed that the birthing center is $6000 and our insurance won't reimburse.  It would be way cheaper for our insurance if we had the baby there, but cheaper for us to have the baby at the hospital.  So to the hospital we go... with an OB.  And, I even ended up picking a male because everyone kept saying he was the best.  He's been pretty chill so far but we'll see. 
Second tri came and went pretty darn quick.  I was feeling pretty good.  My joints and ligaments were feeling stretched like I was having a first baby all over again.  That was kind of weird.  I think having the first three so close together, nothing went back all the way so the "growing pains" weren't very bad with the boys.  My weight gain caught up to me this trimester (hello Christmas goodies) and I'm back on my regular climb.  So much for less this time. Sigh. My favorite food was definitely all the treats and eggs.  Specifically egg sandwiches.  I think I could have eaten them every day. 
Third trimester has been a little rough so far.  I'm feeling huge and huge and huge.  The kids don't seem to grasp the concept of saving me from picking a million little things from the floor.  I try to look at it as constant squats since I never get to the gym. It's not really helping my legs though :) I'm not sure why I feel so ginormous this pregnancy.  I am measuring right on and my weight is typical.  Maybe I just forgot how big I really get.  Haha.
I am still doing lovenox (blood thinners) because of the clot I got while pregnant with Vanessa.  The swelling can get pretty bad if I do a lot of sitting.  Standing makes it kind of achy but sitting is the worst.  Church is hard on my leg.  Jon usually gives me the shots but we forgot a couple days in a row and I woke up with an elephant leg and it was pretty painful.  So I finally pulled out the strength to give myself a shot.  Benson was in the bath while I was talking myself into it and his commentary was hilarious.  "Mom, what are you doing?" "Mom, why haven't you done it yet? Are you scared?" "I'll do it Mom." "Uh, Mom, just DO it!" Yes, it took me a good 20 minutes but it did happen and I have even done it two other times!  I have also learned that spinach smoothies help a lot with the swelling since spinach is high in vitamin K and that helps thin the blood.
I have been starting to get nervous about the birth of this baby since I haven't delivered here.  I don't feel like my doctor will jump to medical interventions quickly but there are a million things in between.  And.... you can never pick your nurse, darn it! I had an awesome nurse with Benson but I could have wrung the nurse's neck with Brigham.  Jon and I also finally discussed the pushing situation.  It's tough for both of us. He agreed that we would try the Bradley method this time and if we need to, we'll hire a doula.  Obviously we have to figure that out beforehand, so hopefully we can find the time to do a little birth training! Might as well get it right the fourth time, right?!
I think that sums it all up.  We obviously don't have a name yet.  Vanessa helped me make this list.  She added Mia because she didn't like any of our names.  She also changed Evelyn to Evalee because she thought Evelyn was a boy name.  And, Violet is 100% her name.  She came up with that name and I am pretty sure she will call the baby that no matter what is on her birth certificate.

2 comments:

Haylee said...

Hi Lynette! Just a creeper here that loves to check on your blog! That is the most clever picture! And I love ALL your names! Good luck with the last little bit, and I love seeing your darling family!

Jennica and Preston said...

Pregnancies can be rough! Are you icing your belly before doing the lovenox shot? If not, do it!!! It helps a ton!