It came just in time because we got called in super last minute for Benson's sleep study. We were scheduled for September but they had a cancelation. It was a pretty awful night. They went overkill on all the cords and monitors. I was trying not to be upset for him! I expected a pulse ox and EKG leads. Not ten on his head, one on his throat, two belts for breathing, four on his legs, a pulse ox on his toes, two EKG leads, and a CO2 sensor that was supposed to go in his nose but he absolutely wouldn't tolerate it. It took over an hour to get all the gear on. Then there were constant wakings as they would come adjust sensors that got moved. Around 3am he broke down into tears begging to go home because this was "not his favorite place." I felt so bad for the poor guy. But the night did finally end and hopefully all is well. Even though he never wore the CO2 sensor, so hopefully they got the info they need.



No comments:
Post a Comment