Monday, May 5, 2014
Easter
It's hard to believe this, but this was our first Easter with just our family. We were in Florida by ourselves one year but Vanessa was so young, we did egg hunts with friends but not much else. This year we did the whole shebang but I took video of the hunt so we don't have pictures. We started our own family tradition of doing the holiday festivities on Saturday and keeping Sunday focused on the Savior. I loved doing it this way. I felt like it kept Sunday special and stuck with the precedent we are trying to establish that Sunday is a "different" day.
When we talked to the kids about the resurrection, we told them that Benson would be able to walk because he wouldn't have SMA anymore. Because said, "OK! Let's do it!" He was okay with having to wait until the Lord decided it was time though. He also told us all the things he would do if he could walk. They all included things that he can already do in his power chair. I know he would like to walk, but I don't think it is as painful for him as I sometimes worry it is. I think it helps that this is the way it has always been. He seems pretty good with how life is and has no problem telling kids he can't walk because he has SMA.
Vanessa never ceases to amaze me with her love for learning about Jesus. I know she is already gaining a strong testimony of the Savior and has a sincere love and eagerness to learn about Him.
Brigham is still crazy. He has a very dynamic personality. But at the tiny age of two, he is very tender. He gives hugs and kisses whenever someone is hurt. He is very concerned for people when they are sad. And he always picks things up off the floor for Benson. Considering he is only two, he is amazing at sharing.
I feel so inadequate and lucky to have these kiddos. They teach me more and more all the time. Being a mom has made me a better person and keeps me trying harder and harder to improve myself, for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment