Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Lost Nail



So about ten days ago, Benson had an accident going down our suitcase ramps from the house to the garage. The ramp runs right next to our van? Which has a nasty dent from the cable I hit this winter. He banged his foot on that an it caught at just the right spot and ripped his toenail off. It was sooooo sad. His first response was, "I'm ok!" But I lifted his head, because it had knocked him forward, and he saw the blood. Then he wasn't so ok. After cleaning it a bit, I realized his toenail looked like it was gone. Sure enough, I found it out on the ramp. It hurt pretty bad for about four days. I had to give him Tylenol one night because it kept waking him up. But then it started to get better. It's pretty pain free now and has a thick scab. I can even see the beginnings of a new nail. 

No comments: