Friday, October 5, 2012

Moments to Remember

A few weeks ago in nursery, Benson asked to say the prayer.  This is a big deal.  He hardly talks to anyone in nursery.  He did such a good job saying the prayer!  He repeats everything word for word.  It's so darn cute.

Last week at church, Jon had to take Brigham out so I sat with Vanessa and Benson.  We were on the very front row and Vanessa kept getting up to dance.  Our little dancer.  If only it were appropriate in church.  Then during the closing prayer Benson yelled at me, "Mommy!  Mommy! Wake up!"  Three people made mention of it after sacrament meeting.  And none of the three were sitting close to us.

Every once in a while, Brigham gets a kick out of Vanessa.  Twice have been holding him while standing next to her and he just goes crazy.  He kicks and screams and laughs hysterically.  This makes Vanessa laugh and then he laughs even harder.  It is the funniest thing I have ever seen out of a 6 month old. 

Vanessa tried out a dance class with her friend.  We are going to sign her up because she absolutely loves dancing right now.  Before we left, I explained to her that the other girls would be wearing black leotards and pink tights.  She said, "Mom, I don't have those.  I'll just wear a dress."  Oh how I love this girl.  She then tried on three different dresses before she found one that was just right for dancing.  When we got to the class, I had her take off her shoes and go sit with the girls.  She burst into tears and came running back to me because her toes were cold.  She was wearing sandals.  But I guess the floor may have been cold.  She didn't care that she didn't match the other girls.  I love that about her.  But next time, we'll make sure she has the right shoes at least.

Vanessa has told me on several occassions that she is now old enough to go to school.  I told her I would miss her if she went to school.  I told her I could teach her numbers and letters.  She said, "But I already know my numbers mom!"

Benson has a really cute tone and flucuation in his voice when he talks (when he isn't whining).  I try to get good videos of how cute it is.  He is also very animated and makes really cute expressions. 

Brigham has hit another milestone.  He is sitting up like a pro now.  He hasn't shown any interest in getting around yet.  We'll see what happens.

Brigham still drools like a wild man.  We can't feel any teeth in there so we aren't sure what is going on.  He swallows just fine when he is eating food.  I guess he just forgets when it's his spit.

2 comments:

Kellie & Cody said...

I love these posts! You have an amazing family! (I'm not surprised..you've always been pretty dang amazing yourself!)

Becca said...

Those are good moments to remember. You have such cute kiddos!