Sunday, July 8, 2012

God Bless America

I grew up religiously going to the Kaysville Parade and Fireworks.  Every year, without fail.  I love that parade.  For such a small town, they sure know how throw a party.  The past two years we have been in Florida for the Fourth of July.  And they just don't know how to throw a party like I grew up loving.  I was seriously so excited to take my kids to the Fourth of July celebration in Kaysville this year.  Only one thing could have made it better, Jon.

We wandered over to the fire station and got fire hats because Benson was in his wheelchair.  So it isn't all bad having special needs, I guess.  Benson decided there were too many people though and he was too nervous being in his chair so he hardly used it anyway.  Here we all are waiting for the parade.



 At the sound of the sirens, everyone is instantly leaning over the "line" to get a better look.  That line definitely didn't last very long though.

 Everyone liked the fire trucks..... except Brigham.
 I may or may not have gotten slightly teary eyed when my alma mater passed by playing "Dear Ole Davis High School."  Yes, I am completely ridiculous.  But, it was the first time I had felt even a twinge of sadness to be leaving Utah for an unknown amount of time.  It was the first and the last (ok, probably not the very last) time my kids would see the Kaysville Parade.  And I missed Jon.

 The Volkswagen club.  Love it.  I could handle driving a van that looked like this.
And this was Benson's view for the majority of the parade.  Brett was such a good sport.  Benson absolutely loved it.
After the parade we were too exhausted to go to the carnival.  That evening we went and BBQ'd with Jon's family for his mom's birthday.  And then went back to Kaysville for the fireworks.  Gotta love fireworks.  Vanessa danced, Benson watched and Brigham slept.  It was a great night.

No comments: