Benson is a total mama's boy. But then again what boy doesn't love his mother more than anything?
Benson recently discovered what makes him a boy... and every time he finds it, this is his face.
Vanessa is becoming quite the artist. She loves to color in books, on the walls, and on herself.
Sadly, we sold the motorcycle. Benson enjoyed it while he could.
Sleeping Beauties (which is now Vanessa's favorite movie)
We were probably watching a very manly movie, like Care Bears or Curious George.
Vanessa is becoming quite a good swimmer, though she still doesn't like going under water.
We'll be leaving Florida in just a few weeks after living here for the past 14 months. It'll be interesting to see how the kids adjust to a new place. They're used to going to the beach, pool, splash park... pretty much swimming everywhere they go. We've become accustomed to all the lizards, snakes, frogs, and ducks everywhere. The reptiles love to hang out at our front door and even get inside every once in a while. We now have two alligators living in the pond 30 yards away from us. Lynette is an amazing mother that takes such good care of the kids 24/7. She also takes care of me, which is no easy task. She has become a wonderful chef and frequently surprises me with incredible meals. In addition to being a mother, wife and chef, she is studying to become a childbirth instructor, continues to do photography, and is a young woman's advisor, teaching every Sunday. I'm impressed with how much she does and how well she does it... she's a lot busier than I am.
Other than school I'm serving as the exec secretary in the bishopric and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I'm currently rotating at University Hospital in Tamarac. Most patients are older and very sick so it's been a good experience. There are plenty of opportunities for me to practice general, MAC and regional anesthesia as we do cases ranging from hip replacements to spinal fusions to colonoscopies. Classes will end in a few weeks and then we begin a year of clinical rotations around the country. Our schedule is as follows:
Sept: Kansas City, MO
Oct-Dec: St. Louis, MO
Jan - Feb: Denver, CO
Mar: Logan, UT
April: Salt Lake City, UT
May: Panama City, FL
June: Albany, GA
July: Albuquerque, NM
Lynette and the kids will joining me from Oct to April. The rest of the time I'll be on my own while they stay in Utah with family. Really, I don't know how I'm going to survive without them.

4 comments:
GOOD LUCK being apart and wih all the rotations! I agree that Lynette is one of the best mom's out there. She is a great person, I just love her.
Such great pics! I think Lynette and the kids should spend most of that time here in St. George...just sayin'
Lynette when March rolls around and your here in Logan give me a call. We'd love to hang out for the short while youre here!
Love seeing these pictures! We are so excited to have you back for a little while. See you in 3 weeks!
Post a Comment