I'm not sure if anyone even noticed but in one of the pictures from Vanessa's birthday, Benson is in the background looking extremely upset. It breaks my heart. Enter mom can't leave me stage. I have a really hard time with this stage. I struggled with it with Vanessa to no end. Most people here don't even know Vanessa had a stranger anxiety stage. She went to nursery like a champ and never really had any problems. But she had it bad up until about a year. And I had it so bad that I didn't leave her. I can think of maybe five times that I left her and four of those five, she was with my mom, who we lived with, and Vanessa was fine with her. So, now that Benson has entered this stage, I am feeling that familiar anxiety as well. Maybe it's because I am a psych major, maybe it's because I spent way too much time at DCFS (as an employee, not a client), I feel like I can't leave him when he is showing that anxiety. I start to get anxious and worry about the long term implications. What if it causes attachment problems? What if it makes him feel like I've abandoned him? What it makes him think he can't count on me? And what if it does absolutely nothing at all and I stressed for no reason?
At least he is darn cute right? I mean, who wouldn't want to be around this face all day?
No comments:
Post a Comment