Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Twins Become Big Bertha...HELP!

I have a SERIOUS problem. For no apparent reason, my left side has shut down production. Okay, not shut-down, but taking it a little too easy? I suppose this might be why Benson still eats so often. He gets enough for sure, it's just mainly out of one side and he can rarely make it four hours. But the problem here is that having one side produce that much LOOKS a little funny. Call me vain but I don't want ONE big bertha. I am obviously and uncomfortably lopsided. So why am I exposing this embarrasing dilemma? That's right! Help! Any and all advice welcome, from those experienced in this area preferable.

6 comments:

Emily said...

LOL! I had the same problem with Ava-it helped to pump out of the smaller side to build up the milk supply...but JUST that side. Also, I'd always start her on the smaller side too. It's not fun having a big bertha! Good luck!

The Christensen's said...

pull out the pump sister. It is a pain in the but but you will need to pump even in between feedings to produce more milk. and if needed nurse longer on that side to. it should take just a few days to get up to par.:) good luck girly

Unknown said...

So I would feed first on that side, every time. I'm lazy with the pump...you need a life! Had the same problem, on a smaller scale of course:)

Poulsen Family said...

Sounds like Benson may eat more from one side than the other. I too agree with what's been said; have him start on that side and pump as well.

Kellie & Cody said...

Oh no! I have no idea how to help you....

Kimberly said...

Check it out. After Savannah - when I practically bled to death (for real) - I had a blood transfusion. Then my body was working hard on itself and not making enough milk for my baby. SO... I took fenugreek. It is a natural herb. And it really works (plus no side affects like prescriptions). I had an awesome pediatrician who told me about it. I love him! Anyhow, here is a website I found.

http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/fenugreek/all_about_fenugreek1.html

Check it out and maybe give it a try. I would couple the fenugreek with extra pumping on that side (and always starting on that side) and maybe you will be back to normal in no time!