Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's a Mom Thing

~ your purse obsession has turned to a diaper bag obsession. You love to look at them, want different colors to match your outfits, but still just have the same one with milk, juice, crumbs and who knows what else all over it. Yet you wouldn't leave without it.

~ your cupboards are full of goldfish, fruit snacks, crackers, and you snack on them as much as the kids do. You refer to them the with the name your kids have given them.

~ daily naps are almost as necessary for you as they are for your two year old

~ what used to seem like amazing multi-tasking is now daily functioning

~ you speak baby babble fluently

~ you go "potty"

~ milk and sippy cups are a necessity. You go to great lengths to keep from running out.

~ you have a million sippy cups spread randomly throughout the house, occassionally finding them with spoiled milk (which the smell no longer bothers you)

~ your purse, on the occassion that you use it instead of the diaper bag, is just a miniature version of the diaper bag plus coupons

~ you know all the cartoon characters by name and can quote most Disney and Pixar movies

~ your current "dress up" attire is your previous "everyday." Your current "everyday" is your previous "grunge" day.

~ shaving your legs only happens on days when you get to shower without the one year old at your feet...very rarely

~ you wouldn't change any of it for a million bucks

6 comments:

Whit,Tiff and B said...

so true! very well said!

Jessie, Garan, and Sammy said...

Love it Lynette! I think you got it perfectly!

Laura said...

I agree. You're life takes on a new and not so glamorous life with these guys. For instance, I'm typing this with one hand, have drool on the hand that's holding the baby and I think I just got pooped on. (Yep... ew, it's a doozie!)

I will say that I still hate the smell of rotten, curdled however many day old sippy cup milk and hold my breath while washing them out. Also, you not only go "potty", but you go potty with the door open because your child hasn't figured out how to detach themselves from your leg.

That being said, it's a great and wonderful existence having children and I'm so grateful I get to do it.

Unknown said...

Ya...did you read my mind to get those:) And you are getting really good at photography. Will you take pics for my next baby?

Kellie & Cody said...

That is hilarious!!

No Lymits said...

I love it. That is so true. You really nailed it. Plus the added comments from Laura, it could not be said better. I laughed at all of them and relate to every one.