We're here! And unpacked...for the most part. I have no idea how we fit everything in this apartment but we did it. And I'm feeling generally organized. We have spent WAY too much though getting furniture and other accessories. It's worth it though right to live comfortably for two years?
Vanessa is having a bit of a hard time with the move. She's been throwing tantrums like a two year old and it's been kind of hard for me. I honestly don't know what to do. She understands most things but not everything so it's hard to know how to handle the situation. Sometimes I think she gets things and she doesn't, other times I think she doesn't understand but then later realize she completely did. The challenges of motherhood...what can we say?
All in all though, she has been a champ and she is such a doll. Everyone adores her everywhere we go. She is getting a little bit of a tan, even though I vigilantly put sunscreen on her like crazy.
She had her first visit to the beach. She LOVED the sand. She was okay with the water after a while but she didn't love it. She does love the pool though. The other day she just wanted to play on the steps and hold the bar. Jon and I weren't allowed to touch the step, or her, or the bar. It was actually kind of cute.
She loves being outside. We have to sneak out the door when she isn't looking to take out the trash or do anything outside. Otherwise she will scream that we didn't take her with.
She is stepping but not quite walking. She likes to "walk us." She holds our hands and takes us wherever she wants to go. She pretty much wants to do that all day. Sometimes if she wants to get from A to B and they're relatively close, she'll walk to it but usually she gets down and crawls. The most steps we've counted is 4, I believe.
Jon is happy to be moved in and ready to get down to business studying. He starts classes on Monday. He already knows of at least one test the first week and they have sent a couple emails telling them to be prepared for this lecture or that. It's going to be crazy for him. But he is so ready to get in and get done.
I am learning how to be a mom without all my family around. I'm trying to learn all the good deals here so we can save on groceries. I've decided to make our bread and save a few dollars there. Poor Jon and Vanessa, it may be interesting for a while.
The "cooking" baby is doing well. We are having a BOY. We had an ultrasound right before we left. Everything looks good and normal. I haven't found a doctor here in Florida yet, but I have a clinic in mind. I'm waiting to ask around at church a little. I also have a couple hospital tours set up so we'll see which I like best. Two of the three hospitals don't have private post partum rooms so that is a major downer and I'm already hugely biased in favor of the third option. I guess we'll give them all a look though. There is more to a hospital than private rooms, I suppose.
Anyway, I hope you are all doing well. I heard it snowed in Utah recently. Ouch. Pictures to come...but not tonight because Vaness is already sleeping and I still have to download them to the computer. Vanessa's room is also the office.
Oh, speaking of Vanessa's room. She slept in her own bed, in her own room from 9pm-5am last night. When she woke up, I got up to get her and ran smack into the wall. Then, as I walked into her room, she fell off the end of the bed. Ha! What a first night apart huh?! She was fine, the bed is close to the ground and she was turning to go feet first so she didn't hit her head. I think her sleeping away from me was harder for me than it was for her. I had nightmares about it all night until she woke up. I kept dreaming she was kidnapped, or lost, or hurt. I know, seriously, I'm pathetic. Anyway, she is transitioning well. She actually sleeps better with more room since she is such a crazy sleeper. We got her a full so it can double as a guest bed. So if anyone wants to come visit, we'd love to have you!
4 comments:
Hey! Your little girl is so cute! How old is she? And congrats on #2. That is so exciting. Where in Florida are you? My friend moved there like 4 months ago and just had her 2nd. If your close I could she where she goes for you.
I'm glad everything went well with the move. Little Vanessa is so stinking cute! Congrats on having a boy. I think they're pretty fun ;)
that cracks me up that she is in a bed. good job with the move and good luck. i hope you learn to love your ward; they can be surrogate family for ya
I'm glad that you guys arrived safe and sound! I will miss our lunches and talks! Keep in touch! You are an amazing person and have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment